CLEARANCE - Equilibrium Stretch & Flex Flatwork Wraps
Comfortable, breathable horse leg wraps suitable for flatwork schooling and hacking well established and balanced horses, that need light support and protection.
- Protects against minor knocks and scrapes without restriction
- Ideal for everyday use for flatwork schooling, lunging and hacking
- Thick cushioned panels protect inner fetlock and splint bones
- Made from unique breathable Stomatex that regulates the skin temperature during work
- Easy to fit, easy to wash and extremely comfortable for your horse to wear
- Can be worn on front or hind legs as required
- Sold as a pair
What inspired the Stretch & Flex Flatwork Wraps for horses?
- A horse called Timmy was the inspiration behind these innovative support wraps. Timmy had extremely sensitive skin, which was rubbed by other boots. He needed something soft and comfortable, but also something suitable to keep his legs protected, cool and allow him to move freely when dressage training. As a result, the Stretch & Flex Flatwork Wraps were born!
What is the material used within the Stretch & Flex Wraps?
- These popular dressage wraps are made from a unique material called Stomatex, which was originally developed for human athletes. The material is perfect to provide support, comfort and breathability due to its technical properties:
- 4-way stretch to allow free movement without restriction.
- Actively breathable keeping legs cooler.
- Soft lining to ensure comfort against the horses leg.
- Being able to stretch the material in multiple directions makes it ideal to wrap around mobile legs, without restricting movement.
In the human world, Stomatex is commonly used in heat acclimatisation suits, padding for wheelchairs, special wetsuits and sports injury support bandages.
- Stomatex features dome shaped chambers which contain a tiny pore in the centre. As the horse moves this dome flexes, which pumps air away from the leg allowing it to stay cool.
- The soft material is comfortable against the horses skin, but it also provides some padding on the inside of the leg to aid protection against knocks. The stretch also allows the wraps to sit over lumps and bumps and move around them, rather than agitate them.
Who are these horse support boots for?
- Not only ideal for dressage and schooling, the Stretch & Flex Flatwork Wraps can also be used for hacking and lunging.
- They are great for horses:
- Who need gentle leg support.
- With knocks, bumps and scars.
- With sensitive skin.
- Who need protection from minor brushing.
How do I care for the Stretch & Flex Flatwork Wraps?
- The Equilibrium Stretch & Flex range are easy to care for. Machine washable at 30 degrees, we recommend you close the straps to ensure the hook and loop does not get caught.
- A Hook Cleaner Brush can be used to keep the hook in good working order, so it attaches to the loop effectively.